The Unsigned Merch Project
ARE YOU IN AN UN-SIGNED BAND? A SOLO ARTIST?
STRUGGLING TO SELL YOUR PRODUCT ONLINE?
AT AN-X MENSWEAR WE MAY HAVE A SOLUTION…
An-x Menswear opened in 1991 and has been trading successfully ever since, becoming one of the North’s leading independent fashion stores. In 2006 we launched our online store www.an-x.co.uk. Whilst stocking many of the must-have brands both in store and online, we have always been keen to give new labels a showcase and offer something that bit different for our customers, allowing us to add some of the hottest and newest brands around to our ever-expanding collection.
At An-x Menswear we love music, it’s a huge part of our lives and has obvious connections to the fashion industry. The way we see it, people are always too busy supporting the bigger, signed bands out there so many smaller, unsigned bands often get overlooked, so we decided instead, we want to support up and coming bands and in particular the West Yorkshire un-signed music scene. We are looking for 25 well-established, un-signed bands from in and around the West Yorkshire area who would like the opportunity to sell their merchandise both in store at An-x Menswear, and online at www.an-x.co.uk.
We know how hard it can be to sell your band t-shirts online. The costs, the hassle, packing, postage, PayPal this, Visa that, returns, etc, etc…
It can be a minefield of problems, especially for un-signed artists with no label or distribution support. This often leaves you, the artist, stressed, annoyed and above all, it leaves you less time to spend on what really matters - the music, the songs, the gigs. We can help take that entire burden from you and provide a safe, secure retail environment for your fans and following.
* You must be un-signed or independently run.
* All artists must be based in and around the West Yorkshire area.
* All artists must be well established and gig regularly both in and outside the Yorkshire area.
* Artists must have 1 permanent t-shirt design in a minimum of 3 different sizes. If you have women’s/children's sizes, then providing it’s the same design, we will stock them too.
* You must have a band/artist Facebook page or profile.
Note: All artists will be thoroughly checked out for credibility. All genres welcome.
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
* A chance to sell your merchandise online and get it shipped worldwide hassle free.
* A chance to sell your merchandise in a reputable and cool environment in our store in Bradford alongside established fashion labels.
* You will earn money for your merchandise sales.
* You will be included in all promo and media coverage.
* We will feature 1 band every 2 weeks on our Facebook page and Twitter. Bands will also have 1 YouTube video added to playlist on our channel.
* We will also display your flyers in store on request.
* All stocked artists qualify for a 10% discount in store for themselves and their fans on mention of the band or artist.
THE SERIOUS STUFF
* You keep 100% ownership of your designs.
* You choose how much you would like the t-shirts to retail at. We recommend £15.
* Women’s and Children’s fit t-shirts are welcome. We hope to expand into other forms of band merchandise further down the line.
* Finally, our deal is simple, it’s a 50/50 split. Our percentage will also cover postage costs and VAT.
If this sounds like an interesting prospect for you or your band, and you would like to find out more information, or be considered for the opportunity, please send an email including links to some music & your Facebook page to: email@example.com
AN EXCITING FUNDRAISING AND PUBLICITY OPPORTUNITY FOR LOCAL BANDS…
Mick Davis talks about ‘The Unsigned Merch Project’ an inspiration which has come from his own experiences in bands. More than just a commercial move for bands to fund themselves Mick hopes the idea will evolve into getting bands together forming a vibrant local scène.
Formerly front man of the band ‘New York Alcoholic Anxiety Attack’, Mick is now in his new band Monster Jaw formed in February 2013; a charismatic line up of front man and songwriter Mick Davis, feature bassist Neil Short and drummer John Bradford.